Sunday, January 24, 2010

La Ceiba Centro congregation

A little drama at the port today. We arrived on time, but one bag was missing. It was left in the hotel room in Roatan. Had to pay for a taxi to a.s.a.p bring it before the last boat left. Fortunately, it did and no passports were stolen.

Arrived at the Brothers 'hotel' again and we changed right away to catch the 5pm meeting in Spanish. They were so warm and welcoming. They all wanted us to stay. Most of us commented in spanish, we had different ones whispering the answers in our ears, just like little kids... could we ever feel our hearts pounding, ouf!

Yesterday, the freakiest thing happened. I was lying in a hammock on the beach, and 5 feet away from me was a group of french Quebequois', but I didn't pay much attention to them until Peter got up and someone recognized him and next thing you know, a petite blonde Valerie G. yells out: "Chloe! oh my goodness, my cousin was on the same beach as me! She left home for B.C. today. It was nice to catch up.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Chloe,
    I can't believe you met Val in Honduras! So cool! Who's bag was forgotten at the hotel? Love, always Thea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey we've gotten used to having news everyday, what's happening you're leaving us high & dry. Be safe, love you!

    ReplyDelete